Tuesday, July 15, 2008

THE FORREST GUMP GUIDE TO BEING A SUCCESS

From OnMakingMoney.com

And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free.

The whole point of making lots of money is to buy your freedom. If that means cutting grass, then by all means, cut the grass. Many wealthy people chase money for so long that they forget about everything else. It’s a mistake. Never become so obsessed that you lose touch with the little things in life that you enjoy.


Jenny taught me how to climb. And I taught her how to dangle.

No one gets rich alone. If someone shows you how to “climb” the ladder of success, then don’t forget about them when they’re “dangling” from it, about fall off. Help them dangle more gracefully, or reciprocate any other chance you get. It’s not about keeping score, exactly, but creating an attitude of generosity in both yourself and others. That’s how you get to the top.


Now you wouldn’t believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows.

Brag. Shamelessly. Of course, I’m not talking about writing a press release about how you got an A on your term paper, but if you’ve done something genuinely remarkable, then you owe it to people to tell them about it. Do it with a little style, and they’ll love you for it. Forrest spends the entire movie bragging, and people skip their bus to find out what happens next.

My Momma always said, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”

Instead of worrying about which job you should take, which project you should work on, or which company you should start, just line them all up, choose the one you think you’ll like, and take a bite. You’ll probably enjoy them all, but it’s only by “tasting” the opportunities in life that you’ll truly live.

That’s all I have to say about that.

When you’ve said all you have to say… shut up.

No comments: